*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- Additional Information
- More Information
- Reviews (0)
|Dimensions||5 x 3 x 8 cm|
Clarinol® contains conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), a naturally occurring fatty acid found in the diet. CLA is found in cattle, sheep, and goats and can be obtained from their meat and dairy products. However, the CLA consumed from the diet alone is not enough to experience health benefits. Clarinol® is an excellent vegan, concentrated source of CLA.
Clarinol® has been shown to help reshape bodies by reducing body fat and building lean muscle mass, when combined with a balanced diet and exercise program. CLA inhibits the activity of the enzyme lipoprotein lipase which transfers fats from the bloodstream to the fat cells. As a result of the decreased enzyme activity, the transport of fat into fat cells is blocked. At the same time, CLA stimulates lipolysis, which is the breakdown of fat cells. CLA also enhances the activity of the enzyme carnitine palmitoyltransferase, which is present in the skeletal muscles. By stimulating carnitine palmitoyltransferase, CLA helps the body use fat for energy production in the muscles(1).
In a double-blind, placebo controlled study conducted at the University of Wisconsin, sixty obese subjects were placed on a low-calorie diet. At the end of twelve weeks, the subjects that took Clarinol® lost a significant amount of body fat compared to the placebo group(2).
- Clarinol® CLA Mechanism. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.clarinol.com/lang/en/AboutClarinol/HowCLAWorks.aspx
- Whigham LD, O’Shea M, Mohede I, Atkinson RL. Effects of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) on body composition and adverse events after weight loss [Abstract]. FASEB San Diego, U.S.A., 2003.
- Color (in powder form)
- Product Flavor Profile (mixed with 8-10 oz. water)
- Neutral Taste
- Suggested Flavor Pairings
- Any: Works well with all of our 12 flavor offerings. Choose your favorite!
- Alternative Uses: Add to…
- Cold Beverages (milk, iced tea, etc.)
- Hot Beverages (coffee, tea, etc.)
- Baked Goods
*Note: Avoid using Clarinol® with acidic products like: fruit juices, processed/bottled tea and coffee drinks, soda, and sports drinks
*To experience the full benefits of your supplements make sure you are consuming the full recommended dose at the appropriate interval.