*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- Additional Information
- More Information
- Reviews (0)
|Dimensions||4 x 2 x 6 cm|
Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) also known as ubiquinone, is a substance similar to a vitamin. Coenzyme Q10 is present in every cell in our body and is needed for our cells to function normally. Coenzyme Q10 is found mainly in the mitochondria (specialized cellular structures), and is a part of the electron transport chain, part of aerobic cellular respiration, which generates energy in the form of ATP (adenosine tri phosphate). Our cells use CoQ10 to produce energy from the food we eat, that our body needs for cell growth and maintenance.
CoQ10 is also a powerful antioxidant, and has the ability to neutralize destructive molecules called free radicals, which damage cell membranes, and DNA, and can even lead to cell death. Many scientists think that free radical damage contributes to the aging process, and a number of chronic health problems.(1) Furthermore, CoQ10 can preserve levels of vitamin E and vitamin C, which also have antioxidant properties.(2)
CoQ10 can help to increase energy and speed recovery from exercise.(1) In a double-blind, placebo controlled study seventeen healthy volunteers took 300 mg of coenzyme Q10 or placebo for eight days. The volunteers that took 300 mg of coenzyme Q10 experienced less fatigue after exercising, compared to the placebo group.(2)
- Ehrlich, S. (2011, March). Coenzyme Q10. Retrieved from http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/supplement/coenzyme-q10
- Daniels, S. (2008, February 28). Co-Q10 may ease fatigue after exercise: Study. Retrieved February 6, 2015, from http://www.nutraingredients.com/Research/Co-Q10-may-ease-fatigue-after-exercise-study
- Color (in powder form)
- Yellow to Orange
- Product Flavor Profile (mixed with 8-10 oz. water)
- Neutral taste
- Suggested Flavor Pairings
- Any: Works well with all of our 12 flavor offerings. Choose your favorite!
- Alternative Uses: Add to…
- Cold Beverages (juice, milk, iced tea, etc.)
- Sports Drinks