*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Bioenergy Ribose® (ENERGY)
Bioenergy Ribose® is an essential building block of the body’s energy molecules (ATP). Ribose is not produced by our body in large quantities and cannot be stored. Many daily factors tax our energy reserves, such as free radical production, stress, overwork, and air quality; supplemental Bioenergy Ribose® can help to provide sustained energy for your body.
Servings: 15 Price Per Serving: $0.23
- Additional Information
- More Information
- Reviews (0)
|Dimensions||4 x 2 x 6 cm|
D-Ribose (or simply ribose) is a pentose sugar, meaning it has five carbon atoms. It regulates the metabolic pathway that produces energy compounds (ATP) in all living tissue, as ATP’s structural foundation. If your cells don’t have enough ribose, they can’t produce enough ATP to meet energy demands. Additionally, ribose is manufactured very slowly and it can not be stored in cells and tissues.
There are multiple factors that tax our energy reserves, particularly in heart and skeletal muscle. Free radical production, stress, overwork, and air quality are some of the major sources of energy depletion.
On a more extreme level, individuals with fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) have almost 20 percent less energy in their muscles than normal, and this lack of energy causes poor exercise tolerance and lack of endurance, making it hard to perform even the most basic of life’s daily activities(1). In a recent pilot study surveyed 41 patients who had either fibromyalgia or CFS. They were given 5 grams of ribose three times a day for 18 days and then given questionnaires containing visual analog scales (VAS) on the categories of: energy, sleep, mental clarity, pain intensity, and well-being. Approximately 66% of patients experienced significant improvement while on D-Ribose, with an average increase in energy on the VAS of 45% and an average improvement in overall well-being of 30%(2). If D-Ribose can aid patients with chronic fatigue it only follows that it can help boost energy in healthy individuals trying to overcome environmental stressors.
- Van Gammeren, D., Falk, D., & Antonio, J. (2002). The effects of four weeks of ribose supplementation on body composition and exercise performance in healthy, young, male recreational bodybuilders: A double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Current Therapeutic Research, 63(8), 486-495.
- Seifert, J. G., Subudhi, A. W., Fu, M. X., Riska, K. L., John, J. C., Shecterle, L. M., et al. (2009). The role of ribose on oxidative stress during hypoxic exercise: A pilot study. Journal of Medicinal Food, 12(3), 690-693.
- Color (in powder form)
- White to Yellow
- Product Flavor Profile (mixed with 8-10 oz. water)
- Neutral taste
- Suggested Flavor Pairings
- Any: Works well with all of our 12 flavor offerings. Choose your favorite!
- Alternative Uses: Add to…
- Cold Beverages (juice, milk, iced tea, etc.)
- Hot Beverages (coffee, tea, etc.)
- Sports Drinks
- Baked Goods
* This ingredient can lower your blood sugar so ideally it should be taken with a carb or other sugar-containing product.
** To experience the full benefits of your supplements make sure you are consuming the full recommended dose at the appropriate interval.