*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Hyaluronic acid powered by Hyabest®
Hyaluronic Acid (Powered by Hyabest®) is a 99% pure and non-animal based product ideal for skin rejuvenation from within. The exceptional water retaining properties of hyaluronic acid help skin lock in moisture, creating a soft, smooth, and youthful appearance.
Servings: 15 Price Per Serving: $0.45
- Additional Information
- More Information
- Reviews (0)
|Dimensions||4 x 2 x 6 cm|
Skin aging is related to loss of skin moisture. As we mature, the moisture in the skin drops which leads to decreased skin elasticity. A key molecule involved in skin moisture is hyaluronan or hyaluronic acid. It is a polysaccharide (carbohydrate) naturally present in the body and one of the major components of the skin’s extracellular matrix (the space between cells) shown to hold and retain moisture of the skin.(1) In fact, one gram of hyaluronic acid can hold up to six liters of water!(2) Hyaluronic acid is the body’s natural lubricant, providing moisture, plumpness, and firmness to the skin.
However, hyaluronic acid levels diminish with age, particularly after age 40.(3) In a double blind, parallel group, placebo controlled study, 44 Japanese female subjects between ages 35-60 years used Hyabest®(S)(hyaluronic acid) over the course of six weeks. The results showed higher skin moisture content in the Hyabest®(S) group compared to placebo at the end of administration and further increases in skin moisture in the Hyabest®(S) group two weeks after they stopped taking the supplement.(4) Similar results were found in a recent 2015 study that followed the same model but tested two hyaluronic acid groups (the hyaluronic acid was administered at two different molecular weights) against a placebo group. In addition to demonstrating an increase in measured skin moisture content in the hyaluronic acid groups compared to placebo, the study also showed that participants in the hyaluronic acid groups reported greater improvements in the luster, suppleness, and wrinkles on their skin on a survey questionnaire.(5)
- Papakonstantinou, E., Roth, M., & Karakiulakis, G. (2012). Hyaluronic acid: A key molecule in skin aging. Dermato-Endocrinology, 4(3), 253–258. doi:10.4161/derm.21923
- Becker, L., Bergfeld, W., Belsito, D., Klaassen, C., Marks, J., Shank, R., . . . Andersen, F. (2009). Final Report of the Safety Assessment of Hyaluronic Acid, Potassium Hyaluronate, and Sodium Hyaluronate. International Journal of Toxicology, 28(4 Suppl.), 5-67. doi:10.1177/1091581809337738
- Longas, M., Russell, C., & He, X. (1987). Evidence for structural changes in dermatan sulfate and hyaluronic acid with aging. Carbohydrate Research, 159, 127-136.
- Yoshida, T., Kanemitsu, T., Narabe, H., & Tobita, M. (2009). Clinical effect on dry skin by oral administration of food containing microbial fermented Hyaluronic Acid. Journal of New Remedies & Clinics, 58(8), 1469-1481.
- Kawada, C., Yoshida, T., Yoshida, H., Sakamoto, W., Odanaka, W., Sato, T., … Urushibata, O. (2015). Ingestion of hyaluronans (molecular weights 800 k and 300 k) improves dry skin conditions: a randomized, double blind, controlled study. Journal of Clinical Biochemistry and Nutrition, 56(1), 66–73. http://doi.org/10.3164/jcbn.14-81
- Color (in powder form)
- White to Pale-yellow
- Product Flavor Profile (mixed with 8-10 oz. water)
- Neutral taste
- Suggested Flavor Pairings
- Any: Works well with all of our 12 flavor offerings. Choose your favorite!
- Alternative Uses: Add to…
- Cold Beverages (juice, milk, iced tea, etc.)
- Sports Drinks
- Functional Garnish – Sprinkle on top of salads, pastas, soups, etc.
*To experience the full benefits of your supplements make sure you are consuming the full recommended dose at the appropriate interval.