*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- Additional Information
- More Information
- Reviews (1)
|Dimensions||4 x 2 x 6 cm|
Ceramides are the major components found on the outer layer of the skin that help retain moisture(1). They are lipids that serve as natural sealants of the skin cells. However as we age, the ceramide levels decline and the youthful, supple skin loses moisture and begins to sag and wrinkle. Boosting your skin with ceramides can bring back its natural moisture.
Lipowheat® is a natural, vegetarian source of ceramides, that restore healthy moisture level of the skin(1). It is a highly concentrated source of phytoceramides from wheat which contains a booster of efficacy: digalactosyl diglycerides (DGDG). The ceramides in Lipowheat® maintain a barrier between skin and environment, providing a rich and youthful glow. Deficiency of ceramides in the protective skin layer can cause dry and flaky skin(1). Lipowheat® prevents skin dryness by maintaining optimal skin lipid concentration.
A clinical study in the International Journal of Cosmetic Science concluded that lipowheat oil taken daily after three months showed a significant increase in skin hydration and an improvement in women with dry to very dry skin. This study demonstrated measurable skin hydration on arms, legs and face(2).
In a second study, women with dry skin received placebo or 200 mg of Wheat Extract Powder tablets for three months. The results showed that skin hydration was significantly improved, and roughness and itching was reduced(3).
Additionally, ceramides also protect important skin cells called fibroblasts, which maintain production of collagen and elastin.
- Lipowheat™ Natural Vegetables Ceramides. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.plthealth.com/sites/plthomas.com/files/ckfinder/userfilesfiles/Lipowheat_Presentation_2010.pdf
- Guillou, S., Ghabri, S., Jannot, C., Gaillard, E., Lamour, I., & Boisnic, S. (2011). The moisturizing effect of a wheat extract food supplement on women’s skin: A randomized, double-blind placebo-controlled trial. International Journal of Cosmetic Science, 33(2), 138-143.
- Boisnic, S. and Branchet M.C. Interet clinique d’un ingredient alimentaire a visee hydrante: Lipowheat. Etude randomisee en double aveugle versus placebo. J. Med. Esth. Et Chir. Derm. Vol. XXXIV, 136, 239-242 (2007).
- Color (in powder form)
- Product Flavor Profile (mixed with 8-10 oz. water)
- Neutral tasting
- Suggested Flavor Pairings
- Any: Works well with all of our 12 flavor offerings. Choose your favorite!
- Alternative Uses: Add to…
- Cold Beverages (juice, milk, iced tea, etc.)
- Sports Drinks