*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Natural Energy Base
Clean, plant-based energy from globally sourced, exotic ingredients. From the East, Green Tea and Ginseng, function to: help diminish the harmful effects of stress and keep you mentally sharp. Hailing from the rain forests of South America, Guarana, may improve mental fatigue through a concentrated form of caffeine. A daily dose of B-vitamins rounds out this blend, helping your body to convert food (carbohydrates) into fuel (glucose), which is ‘burned’ to produce energy.
Servings: 15 Price Per Serving: $0.67
- Additional Information
- More Information
- Reviews (0)
|Dimensions||5 x 3 x 8 cm|
Green Tea and ginseng have been a part of a traditional Chinese diet and medicine for centuries, with good reason. The green tea plant Camellia sinensis, contains numerous polyphenols, compounds which help protect the plant from ultraviolet radiation, and invading pathogens. These compounds, particularly EGCG (Epigallocatechin gallate), can also aid humans, by neutralizing free radicals which can can damage all components of the cell, including DNA. Beyond, EGCG, green tea extract also contains the amino acid, l-theanine. This molecule, like much of the other ingredients in this blend, is able to cross the blood-brain barrier, and can have calming effects without inducing drowsiness. It increases the activity of alpha waves in the brain.(1) Alpha waves are present during deep relaxation and light meditation; and heighten your imagination, visualization, memory, learning, and concentration. The l-theanine in green tea is why people can consume this drink without the jitters or nervousness from the caffeine that is also present. Caffeine is the final chemical in green tea that can give you a brain boost. A well known stimulant compound, caffeine acts on neurotransmitters to speed nerve cell firing, which then sends adrenaline through the rest of the body creating an energized and excited state.
Ginseng is another long established ingredient in this mix. However, what you may not know about this Asian root extract is that it is classified as an adaptogen. By definition, adaptogens should help the body adapt to stresses of various kinds: heat, cold, exertion, trauma, sleep deprivation, toxic exposure, radiation, infection, or psychological stress. Ginseng can stimulate physical and mental activity among people who are weak and tired. A study presented in 2012 from the Mayo Clinic (one of the nation’s top medical centers) revealed that ginseng showed favorable results in helping cancer patients with fatigue.(2) Ginseng’s active ingredients, called ginsenosides, have been also shown in animal studies to reduce cytokines (molecules involved in signaling immune response) related to inflammation and to help regulate cortisol (the stress hormone) levels.(2)
On the other side of the planet, Amerindian tribes have used seeds from the guarana tree (Paullini cupana) predating the discovery of Brazil. Guarana seed extract contains an even higher concentration of caffeine than coffee beans as well as, theophylline and theobromine, which are chemicals similar to caffeine. An extensive case study of an elderly population in the Amazon River basin, found that habitual guarana consumption had a significant association with reduced incidence of hypertension, obesity, and metabolic syndrome, conditions that can certainly induce feelings of chronic fatigue.(3) The beneficial effects of this rainforest plant are not limited to older people native to guarana home. In a recent European study from the journal, Appetite, young, healthy participants saw improvement in battery of cognitive tests and in their degree of “mental fatigue” associated with extended task performance, 30 minutes after consuming a vitamin/mineral drink fortified with guarana, compared to a placebo group. (4)
The final energy aid in ThinkitDrinkit’s Natural Energy formula, is the B-vitamin complex. Six true B-vitamins found in this blend help to convert food (carbohydrates) into fuel (glucose), which is used in the ATP synthesis process. ATP (adenosine triphosphate) is the body’s energy “currency” and powers all metabolic processes. These B-vitamins, often referred to as ‘B complex vitamins’, also help the body to metabolize fats and protein. Inositol, although not a true B-vitamin, is sometimes referred to as “B8”, and it actually a carbohydrate with a sugar-like taste. It modulates the nervous system, by improving the communication between neurotransmitters (chemicals that send messages via electric pulses between nerve cells) which increases cognitive ability. Helping you to maintain focus throughout the day, Inositol adds mental edge to this blend
- Nobre, A. C., Rao, A., & Owen, G. N. (2008). L-theanine, a natural constituent in tea, and its effect on mental state. Asia Pacific Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 17 Suppl 1, 167-168.
- Barton, D. (2012). Ginseng Fights Fatigue In Cancer Patients. Mayo Clinic. Retrieved 3 March 2015, from http://www.mayo.edu/research/forefront/ginseng-fights-fatigue-cancer-patients
- Krewer Cda, C., Ribeiro, E. E., Ribeiro, E. A., Moresco, R. N., da Rocha, M. I., Montagner, G. F., da Cruz, I. B. (2011). Habitual intake of guarana and metabolic morbidities: An epidemiological study of an elderly amazonian population. Phytotherapy Research : PTR, 25(9), 1367-1374.
- Kennedy, D. O., Haskell, C. F., Robertson, B., Reay, J., Brewster-Maund, C., Luedemann, J., Scholey, A. B. (2008). Improved cognitive performance and mental fatigue following a multi-vitamin and mineral supplement with added guaraná (paullinia cupana). Appetite, 50(2–3), 506-513.
For your reference: This blend contains 160 mg of caffeine. One cup (8 oz.) of home-brewed coffee contains about 100 mg of caffeine.
WARNINGS: Do not use if you have a history of heart disease or if you are unaware of your current health status. If you are pregnant, nursing or taking any medications, consult your doctor before use. If you experience nervousness, irritability, sleeplessness or rapid heartbeat discontinue use. Limit/eliminate caffeine consumption from other sources (foods, beverages, medications). Do not use if you are a diabetic. Consult with your doctor before use.
- Color (in powder form)
- Natural Energy Base
- Product Flavor Profile (mixed with 8-10 oz. water)
- Very bitter, tea-like taste
- Suggested Flavor Pairings
- Our Pomegranate Açai and Pink Lemonade flavors (caloric or non-caloric options) compliment the bitter, tea-like taste in this product. Not a fan of fruit flavors? Try Chocolate Low Caloric – the dark chocolate flavor pairs well with bitterness.
- Alternative Uses: Add to…
- Cold Beverages (juice, milk, iced tea, etc.)
- Sports Drinks
- When adding to other beverages (ie coffee & tea) be careful not to overdo it on the caffeine!
*To experience the full benefits of your supplements make sure you are consuming the full recommended dose at the appropriate interval.