*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- Additional Information
- More Information
- Reviews (0)
|Dimensions||4 x 2 x 6 cm|
The taproot of the panax (Asian) ginseng plant has been used in traditional medicine for over two thousand years. Ginseng is often referred to as an adaptogen, a natural substance that can increase the body’s resistance to stress (physical, environmental, biological) thus boosting general vitality. The active compounds in panax ginseng are believed to be steroid-like components called ginsenosides. Research has linked the activity of ginsenosides to improved alertness, energy, physical stamina, and memory performance. In a study of 112 healthy volunteers over the age of 40, the group given ginseng for a period of about two months showed a tendency towards faster simple reactions and significantly better abstract thinking than the control group, when run through a battery of cognitive tests.(1) Another study of 501 men and women living in an urban environment found significant improvements in quality of life measures (energy, sleep, sex life, personal satisfaction, and well-being) based on responses to a standardized questionnaire in those taking panax ginseng versus those who were not given the additional supplement.(2)
- Sørensen, H., & Sonne, J. (1996). A double-masked study of the effects of ginseng on cognitive functions. Current Therapeutic Research, 57(12), 959-968. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0011-393X(96)80114-7
- Caso, M. (1996). Double-blind study of a multivitamin complex supplemented with Ginseng extract. Drugs Under Experimental and Clinical Research, 22(6), 323-329.
- Color (in powder form)
- Light brown to tan
- Product Flavor Profile (mixed with 8-10 oz. water)
- Very slight bitter/herbal taste
- Suggested Flavor Pairings
- Any: Pairs well with all of our 12 flavor offerings. Choose your favorite!
- Alternative Uses: Add to…
- Cold Beverages (juice, milk, iced tea, etc.)
- Sports Drinks