*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
RhodioLife™ is a plant extract – a powerful adaptogen, that supports healthy biological responses necessary for immunity, cardio pulmonary and endocrine systems. It supports sustained energy, physical performance and an increased capacity to handle stress and support mood.
Servings: 15 Price Per Serving: $0.28
- Additional Information
- More Information
- Reviews (0)
|Dimensions||4 x 2 x 6 cm|
RhodioLife™ is a standardized extract from the root of Rhodiola rosea (also known as golden root, or rose root), a sturdy plant found in the Siberian mountains. It has traditionally been used in eastern Europe and Asia as an “adaptogenic” herb, one that helps the body manage environmental stress. Two of the most active compounds in the RhodioLife™ extract are salidroside and rosavin. Although the exact mechanism of the effects they have on the body is not known, it is thought that they act on the central nervous system, influencing the level and activity of two classes of neurotransmitters. Salidroside and rosavin are thought to modulate monoamines, neurotransmitters that control emotion, arousal, and memory; and opioids, neurotransmitters that modulate reactions to pain and mood control.(1)
In a 2009 Swedish, phase III, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial on subjects diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome, individuals in two groups were either given a daily placebo, or standardized extract from Rhodiola rosea. After 28 days, the supplement group showed significant improvements on scales measuring fatigue and attention. This group also showed decreased cortisol levels after waking in the morning, suggesting a blunted stress response associated with R. rosea intake.(2) In a study using a rat model from the Bulletin of Experimental Biology and Medicine, subjects given R. rosea extract were able to swim 24.6% longer before reaching exhaustion compared to control rats. The treatment rats were also found to have increased synthesis and resynthesis of ATP (the body’s energy “currency” molecule) in the mitochondria (the cell’s “powerhouse”) of their skeletal muscles.(3) In both animals and humans consumption of the active ingredients from R. rosea found in RhodioLife™ has been associated with decreases in fatigue and improved mental acuity.
(1) Kelly, G. S. (2001). Rhodiola rosea: A possible plant adaptogen. Alternative Medicine Review : A Journal of Clinical Therapeutic, 6(3), 293-302.
(2) Olsson, E. M., von Scheele, B., & Panossian, A. G. (2009). A randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel-group study of the standardised extract shr-5 of the roots of rhodiola rosea in the treatment of subjects with stress-related fatigue. Planta Medica,75(2), 105-112.
(3) Abidov, M., Crendal, F., Grachev, S., Seifulla, R., & Ziegenfuss, T. (2003). Effect of extracts from rhodiola rosea and rhodiola crenulata (crassulaceae) roots on ATP content in mitochondria of skeletal muscles. Bulletin of Experimental Biology and Medicine, 136(6), 585-587.
- Color (in powder form)
- Product Flavor Profile (mixed with 8-10 oz. water)
- Light Bitter
- Suggested Flavor Pairings
- Any: Pairs well with all of our 12 flavor offerings. Choose your favorite!
- Alternative Uses: Add to…
- Cold Beverages (juice, milk, iced tea, etc.)
- Sports Drinks