*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Coconut Water Powder
All-natural, organic Vita Forte Coconut Water Powder provides concentrated electrolyte benefits to rehydrate and recover after a workout or other strenuous activity. Coconut water can help to prevent muscle cramping after exercise or other instances of high water loss.
Servings: 15 Price Per Serving: $0.66
- Additional Information
- More Information
- Reviews (0)
|Dimensions||7 x 4 x 11 cm|
Coconut water is the clear liquid found inside immature (green) coconuts. It is rich in electrolytes, particularly magnesium and potassium, but also includes, calcium, phosphorus, and sodium. When athletes sweat they lose these electrolytes which are responsible for many essential bodily functions such as; energy metabolism, maintaining protein integrity, and cell membrane potentials.
Vita Forte Coconut Water Powder is packed with potassium, more than is contained in a banana and 15 times what is found in popular sports drinks. Potassium acts like a gatekeeper in the body’s cells, controlling how much fluid flows in and out. However, when you exercise, potassium tends to be pumped out of the cell, upsetting intracellular water content, resulting in muscle cramping, headache, fatigue and bloating.(1)
Vita Forte Coconut Water Powder is also a significant source of magnesium, an electrolyte not found in most sports drinks. The main role magnesium plays in proper exercise function is in the synthesis of ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate), the energy “currency” of cells. Creating ATP requires magnesium dependent enzymes called ATPases. Therefore, a deficiency in magnesium reduces metabolic efficiency, increasing the oxygen consumption and heart rate required to perform work, a state no athlete desires.
Another set of nutrients critical to athletic performance that coconut water powder provides are the B-vitamins. As a complex, B-vitamins are used to convert proteins and carbohydrates into energy, and for cell repair and production. Researchers at Oregon State University found that athletes who lack B-vitamins have diminished high-intensity performance and are less able to repair damaged muscles or build muscle mass than their peers who eat a diet rich with B-vitamins. (2)
- Lee, Y. (2005). Mmm, Potassium. Runner’s World. Retrieved from http://www.runnersworld.com/nutrition-runners/mmm-potassium
- Woolf, K., & Manore, M. M. (2006). B-vitamins and exercise: Does exercise alter requirements? International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism, 16(5), 453-484.
- Color (in powder form)
- White to Light yellow
- Product Flavor Profile (mixed with 8-10 oz. water)
- Slightly sweet and Slightly salty
- Suggested Flavor Pairings
- If you enjoy the refreshing tropical taste of coconut this product needs no flavor additions. If not, any of our 12 flavor offerings would be great compliments.
- Alternative Uses: Add to…
- Cold Beverages (juice, milk, iced tea, etc.)
- Sports Drinks
- Functional Garnish.